IPL Laser Hair Removal Melbourne
IPL is a safe and effective laser hair removal procedure. IPL involves pulses of light that are directed into the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat disables the cells responsible for growing new hair.
How Does Palomar Starlux Pulsed Light Hair Removal Treatments Work?
The palomar hair removal handpieces emit pulses of light into the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables the cells responsible for growing new hair.
The Benefits of IPL Hair Removal
- Pulsed Light Hair Removal
- Permanent Hair Reduction
- Quick Treatments
- Removes Hair before it becomes visible
- Mess free!
- Can be less expensive in the long run
- Helps clear up ingrown hairs
- Removes shadow in hair bed area
What Are Palomar Starlux Treatments Like?
the specialised hand-pieces filter light from different parts of the light spectrum and there will be several pulses of light. Generally, you will see a flash of light, you will hear an audible tone, and you will feel a mild sensation on the skin. Some have described this feeling as ‘warm’ and ‘prickly’ at times. You may also experience a feeling similar to that of a rubber band being snapped on the skin, but most people do not report this sensation to be painful. A special contact cooling hand-piece allows the treatment to be comfortable and cool throughout the treatment without the use of gels, ice and cool air blowers. This is designed to minimise discomfort.
What areas of the body can be treated?
Any area, except around the eyes. The upper lip, face, neck, underarms, bikini line, legs, chest and back can all be treated.
How do I prepare for each IPL laser hair removal treatment?
- You will need to have a consultation and test patch
- No sun exposure, self-tanning agents or solarium for four to six weeks prior to the commencement of your treatment.
- Begin using a SPF 30+ on the areas that are to be treated for two weeks prior to and during your treatment.
- No waxing, plucking or bleaching for four weeks prior to your treatment.
What Should I Expect After My Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
- Immediately after treatment, you can expect a mild sunburn-like sensation.
- The treated hair will continue to appear for 7-30 days post treatment. This is not new hair growth, but the treated hairs that are being expelled from the skin.
- At any given time, it is highly likely that not all of your hair will be in an active phase of growth. Therefore, you will need more than one treatment to affect the growth of all your unwanted hair.
- Typically, several treatments will be necessary to achieve permanent hair reduction.
Are All IPL / Laser Hair Removal Machines Equal?
The Starlux is a high quality medical grade machine which offers increased power, a long “pulse width” of the light beam and integrated cooling of the surface of the skin. The effective cooling allows maximum destructive power with less pain and discomfort as with the other older IPL – and laser machines, this ensures greater protection against skin burns and hypopigmentation, which is quite often seen with some inferior IPL machines and lasers.
In addition Blossomed IPL laser hair removal has different systems that can be utilized for different skin types and hair colours, thus allowing us to customise the treatment program specific to your individual needs. We have specialised probes to even treat Asian, European, Indian, African and darker skin types. The special patented hand pieces allow us to perform these treatments with exceptional safety and effectiveness. We can confidently say that the number of treatments required with the Starlux System is considerably less than with other Systems. The Starlux IPL laser hair removal treatment has been voted as the world’s number one hair laser removal therapy treatment!