IPL Laser Hair Removal Melbourne
IPL is a safe and effective laser hair removal procedure. IPL involves pulses of light that are directed into the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat disables the cells responsible for growing new hair.
How Does Palomar Starlux Pulsed Light Hair Removal Work?
The palomar hair removal handpieces emit pulses of light into the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables the cells responsible for growing new hair.
The Benefits of IPL Hair Removal
- Pulsed Light Hair Removal
- Permanent Hair Reduction
- Quick Treatments
- Removes Hair before it becomes visible
- Mess free
- Can be less expensive in the long run
- Helps clear up ingrown hairs
- Removes shadow in hair bed area
What Are Palomar Starlux Treatments Like?
Your treatment provider will move the handpiece over your Skin, pulsing it all the while. Each pulse will send a beam of light through your skin. You may experience a feeling Similar to that of a rubber band being snapped on the skin, but most people do not report this sensation as painful. The patented chilled handpiece allows the treatment to be comfortable and cool throughout the treatment without the use of gels, ice and cool air blowers.
What Body Areas Can Be Treated?
Any area, except around the eyes. The upper lip, face, neck, underarms, bikini line, legs, chest and back can all be treated.
What Do I Need To Do Before My Treatments Begin?
- You will need to have a consultation and test patch
- No Sun exposure, Self tan or Solarium for four to Six weeks prior to commencement of treatment.
- Begin using a SPF 30+ on the areas that are to be treated for two weeks prior and during treatment.
- No waxing, plucking or bleaching for four weeks prior to your treatment.
What Should I Expect After Treatment?
- Immediately after treatment, you can expect a mild sunburn-like Sensation.
- The treated hair will continue to appear for 7-30 days post treatment. This is not new hair growth, but the treated hairs being expelled from the skin.
- At any given time, Some of your hair is not in a phase of active growth. Therefore you will need more than one treatment to affect the growth of all your unwanted hair.
- Typically, several treatments will be necessary to achieve permanent hair reduction.
Are All IPL / Laser Machines Equal?
The Starlux is a high quality medical grade machine which offers increased power, a long “pulse width” of the light beam and integrated cooling of the Surface of the Skin. The effective cooling allows maximum destructive power with less pain and discomfort as with the other older IPL – and Laser machines, This ensures greater protection against Skin burns and hypopigmentation, which is quite often seen with some inferior IPL machines and Lasers.
In addition Blossomed has different Systems that can be utilized for different skin types and hair colours, thus allowing us to customize the treatment program specific to your individual needs. We have Specialized probes to even treat Asian, European, Indian, African and darker Skin types. The special patented hand pieces allow us to perform these treatments with exceptional safety and effectiveness. We can confidently say that the number of treatments required with the Starlux System is considerably less than with other Systems. The Starlux SIPL has been voted as the worlds number one.